20th May 2022. For Harries of the world far and wide, life changed for good as the clock struck twelve and Harry Styles’ third studio album, Harry’s House, was released into the world. The Internet, naturally, hasn’t stopped talking about it ever since. The shimmering, self-assured and charming-at-its-core collection of tracks are velvety smooth in their sound, proving that, as far as Harry is concerned, home really is where the heart is. Described by Mr Styles as his “biggest and most fun, but by far the most intimate” album so far, it truly feels like Harry at his most authentic. After approximately 100 listens, we felt it only appropriate to share the rollercoaster of thoughts and feelings that unravelled between tracks 1 to 13, from the emotional stab to the heart that was Matilda, to joyful and upbeat rhythms of Late Night Talking, this no-skip album has captured our souls already…
Music For a Sushi Restaurant
- Pure good vibes from start to finish. Has there ever been a better album opener? Rhetorical question.
- I could cook an egg on YOU.
- Not Harry referencing how things taste in Medicine, Watermelon Sugar and now MFASR. The thought of the man’s tongue is simply too much.
- The tiny scoobidoobidoos = pure ASMR.
- The first song on the album being thirst central is a strong mood.
- Petition for this to be the only song on the Yo! Sushi restaurant playlist please.
- The last 10 seconds are giving ultimate rockstar.
- Music For a Sushi Restaurant. That’s it, that’s the tweet.
Late Night Talking
- “There’s a haze on the horizon babe”- yeah it’s us not being able to see through the tears of how good this album is.
- Oozes the feeling of being irresistibly drawn to someone and it feels so. good.
- “I’ve never been a fan of change”- the Night Changes parallels are too much.
- A chorus in which dancing is a MUST. Anyone else even more excited for Love On Tour now?
- The upbeat vibes of As It Was are coming throughhhh.
- 2 minutes and 57 seconds of happiness.
- The ‘1, 2, 3’ is giving the same vibes as Harry’s Calm Sleep Story and we ain’t mad about it.
- Long Italian evenings. Sipping wine against a sunset backdrop. Driving with the roof down. Forehead kisses. Flowers tucked behind your ear. Waves lapping at your feet. Comfortable silence. Surprise visits. Easy love.
- NINETEEN EIGHTY TWOooOoO JUST ME AND yOuUuu THERE’S JUST NO GETTING THROuuUuGH THE GRAPEJUICE BLUESSssS
- Them: “I skip Grapejuice” red flag.
As It Was
- Iconic at its core.
- As the first single from Harry’s House it will remain groundbreaking forever.
- YOU KNOW IT’S NOT THE SAME AS IT WASSSSS
- The Instagram and TikTok anthem of ‘22.
- Overplayed? Maybe.
- Still in love? Yes.
- “Reading your horoscope, you were just doing cocaine in my kitchen, you never listen” we’re definitely not in One Direction territory anymore are we?
- Wondering if Harry sprinkled some in this song because it is Addictive with a capital A.
- Definition of a Soft Bop.
- If I was a bluebird I would fly to YOU @HarryStyles.
- Anyone else ready to incite a riot if this isn’t on the HSLOT setlist?
- It might not be related to Ms Swift but them both having a song called Daylight is kinda sweet, no?
- Who knew a song called Little Freak would be so sweet. Insert cry emoji.
- Will need 2-3 business days to recover.
- “Track suit and a ponytail” us, hungover buying Lucozade on a Sunday morning.
- Sad boy ballad 101.
- One level deeper than Cherry from Fine Line.
- Headphones aren’t enough, scream it into our ears.
- Little Freak followed by Matilda. Harry, we’re sending our therapy invoices.
- Those first few guitar chords- CHILLS.
- A fan favourite, as it should be.
- A f*ck you to those who ever disregarded your feelings, didn’t treat you right, left you out, abandoned you and made you feel unlovable. The chosen family you deserve exists.
- YOU CAN THROW A PARTY FULL OF EVERYONE YOU LOVE, AND NOT INVITE YOUR FAMILY ‘CAUSE THEY NEVER SHOWED YOU LOVE. YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE SORRY.
- Sad but comforting x100.
- Brb off to actually watch Roald Dahl’s Matilda now.
- “You got, you got the cinemaaaaaa”
- A much needed 80s pick-me-up after the melancholic Matilda.
- Who’s ready to dance in the pit?!
- Harry being like “Am I cool enough?” is sexy. Insecure? Don’t know what for.
- Slick synth-pop tune at its peak- consider it bop o’clock!
- “You pop when we get intimate” SORRRYYYYY SIR????
- Two words- the bridge.
- The older sister to TPWK.
- Surely the next Harry’s House single?
- “When you give me all of your love, give me something to dream about” here we go again with another line about someone Harry can’t get enough of, that isn’t us.
- Can we discuss the high notes for a second?
- Put the car roof down and blast it vibes.
- As It Was gave us “Come on harry we wanna say goodnight to you” so that Keep Driving could give us “Cocaine, side boob, choke her with a sea view”
- The intimate relationship memories we’re now a part of. Sobbing.
- Keep driving and RUN ME OVER PLEASE.
- The Keep Driving verse is exactly 15 secs long making it perfect for Instagram Stories and the way to our hearts.
- When everything goes wrong, just keep driving.
- The opening is giving Stranger Things energy
- For those that don’t like it: consider it a grower.
- … Either way it will be stuck in your head for 3-5 business days.
- “SPiNnin’ out, wAIitiNN’ for ya, to pull meeeeEee in…”
- Today is a Satellite day. Tomorrow will be Satellite day, and every day moving forward will be a Satellite day. Sorry, we don’t make the rules.
- Coachella heard it first and we understand why. Perfection.
- Standing by the “to boyfriends everywhere, f*ck you” statement
- Could have ramped up more but chose not to, and we respect it.
- Fleetwood Mac inspired = *chefs kiss*
- “Boyfriends, they think you’re so easy. They take you for granted, they don’t know, they’re just misunderstanding.” SING IT LOUDER HARRY.
- A reminder that honestly, men ain’t sh*t.
- Choppy, melodic, stunning.
Love of my Life
- The Queen crossover must be acknowledged.
- Harry shifted from “you are the love of my life” to “you were the love of my life” mid-song ??????? Explain please.
- To leave us with this as the last song is simply CRUEL.
- The tenderness and vulnerability of Girl Crush is back.
- Listen with airpods and thank us later.