If you’ve had your fill of moist-maker turkey sarnies over the years, these stuffed pasta shells are a lip-smacking alternative for using up those Christmas Day leftovers.
Enjoy that sweet languid Boxing Day pace with a bowl of carbs & Christmas movies on repeat.
Loaded with next-day turkey, tart cranberry sauce, crumbly stuffing and creamy brie, this is the crème de la crème of holiday comfort food. Gather the family round for Christmas Day take II or settle in front of the tv and enjoy that sweet languid Boxing Day pace with a bowl of carbs & Christmas movies on repeat.
The more festive scraps, the merrier so if you’ve got any ham, sprouts, pigs in blankets and cheeseboard cheese leftover, throw them in for good measure.
- Add the pasta to a pan of boiling salted water and simmer according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat a splash of oil in a pan on medium to high heat and cook off two cloves of crushed garlic.
- Add the double cream and 100ml of the pasta water and stir regularly until the sauce has thickened.
- Stir half your sauce in with your leftover stuffing and pour the other had in the base of an over proof dish.
- Pipe or spoon the stuffing sauce mix into your cooked jumbo pasta shells and place on the bed of sauce in your dish.
- It’s now time to add in your other Christmas leftovers, we went for strips of turkey, lashings of bread sauce, dollops of cranberry sauce and chunks of brie. You could also top the pasta with breadcrumbs or sage leaves for a nice crunch.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes at 190 degrees until the sauce is bubbling and the cheese looks golden. Then, load up your plate and get stuffed!