Say farewell to your basic turkey curry and get your teeth stuck into something a little different this Christmas; the almighty Cheeseboard Mac & Cheese.
That’s right, you heard it, we’ve gone absolutely crackers and combined one of the best things to eat at Christmas with one of the best things to eat year-round. And speaking of crackers make sure you save those too as they’ll make a bloody lovely crispy topping when it goes under the grill.
Delicious dairy in all its forms meld together to create a cheesy taste sensation.
Lovely Red Leicester, brilliant blue, chalky cheddar, delicious dairy in all its forms meld together to create a cheesy taste sensation. Ease up on some of the stronger fellas and add as much of the lighter options as you possibly can, we even popped in some truffle cheese!
This recipe is pretty similar to your classic mac with a boatload of different cheeses and a crispy cracker topping.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and add in your macaroni, don’t forget to salt the water. Cook for 10 minutes or until it’s cooked to your tasting.
- Grate all your cheeses or cut into small pieces if the cheese cannot be grated. Make sure to remove the rind or skin from cheeses like brie.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and add the flour to create a roux.
- Gradually mix in the milk adding a little at a time until the sauce becomes thick and smooth.
- Stir in your cheeses until the sauce is fully melted.
- Remove from the hob and add in the macaroni.
- Place the mixture in to an ovenproof dish and crumble you crackers over the top, you can also use breadcrumbs too.
- Place under a hot grill until the topping is brown and bubbling.
Serve your mac & cheese with salad for 8-10 people or use it as the pièce de résistance to your classic Boxing Day buffet. You could even pop your chutneys on the table for the ultimate cheeseboard experience.