Brie & Cranberry Parcels
No festive spread is truly complete without a generous slab of brie and what better way to please a crowd than with cheesy, cranberry filled parcels of flaky filo pastry. Oo-er.
For a Christmas treat that’s both sweet and savoury, tuck into these bite-size nibbles. They’ve got the whole package!
- Cut the filo pastry into 10 rectangles and brush all over with melted butter.
- Spread a spoonful of cranberry sauce evenly over the pastry and top with a few cubes of brie and a handful of crushed walnuts.
- Then brush another sheet of filo pastry with melted butter, place on top of the bottom layer and twist the ends to form a sweet / parcel shape.
- Repeat with the remaining pastry and ingredients and bake until crispy and golden.
Feed your guests with these time-saving veggie appetizers on Christmas Day. Prepped and ready to serve in under 10 mins, they’re the perfect solution for doing Christmas breakfast the lazy-girl way. Here’s to spending less time in the kitchen and more time sinking mimosas with your family.
- Cut your ciabatta or baguette into slices and toast under the grill for 1 – 2 minutes each side.
- Add a slather of houmous on each slice and top with cubes of cucumber and avo for a refreshing savoury snack in between all the rich Christmas choc and mince pies.
Kick off your culinary celebrations with these classic mini pancakes. Delicious served with smoked salmon and smothered in cream cheese, brunch snacks don’t get more Christmassy than this. Simply pile high with the toppings of your choice, season generously with a squeeze of lemon and cracked black pepper and try not to snaffle the lot in one go.
- Lightly grill the blinis in your oven under 170°C
- Once cooked, transfer the pre-prepared blinis to a plate and top with cream cheese, slices of smoked salmon and a sprinkling of freshly chopped chives or dill if you prefer.
- Serve with lemon or give the lot a generous squeeze before handing round.