These vegetarian tacos are the perfect thing for gatherings or last minute meals
Do you have friends coming over, but you’re strapped for time or any creative ideas? These vegetarian tacos are the perfect thing for gatherings or last minute meals. They don’t require much skill or time and are always a hit in our houses! In fact we’ve had so many friends asking for the recipe and list of ingredients that we’re almost positive you’ll be coming back here on the regular for the recipe and method.
For the Cabbage Slaw:
• Finely slice the red cabbage and pop in a small bowl, you won’t need the whole thing, 1/3 is enough!
• Drizzle over olive oil and white wine vinegar
• Sprinkle over with salt and pepper and leave to marinade
For the fillings:
• Cut the cauliflower into small florets and pop into a large bowl
• Coat with olive oil, around 2 tbsp
• Add salt and pepper
• Add 2 tsp of onion granules (or more if you feel you want it)
• Add 2 tsp of honey (again, add more if you want more or are feeding more people)
• Stir until all the cauliflower is evenly coated
• Fry in a pan on a low to medium heat until it starts to brown (this should be a slow process so it doesn’t burn whilst still being crunchy)
For the tacos:
• Heat the tortillas for 10 seconds each side in a frying pan to warm them before serving
• Cut the avocado into slices or little squares for serving
• Chop up a tiny dish of jalapeños and coriander, and place in small dishes on the table alongside sour cream, tortilla chips and feta
• Alongside the Sriracha bottle, place all the prepared ingredients on the table with the stack of warmed tortilla
You can prepare the tacos yourself so people can just grab and go, or allow people to build their own, which is often more fun! Our favourite way to eat them is to grab a tortilla and spread out some cabbage slaw, adding sliced avocado followed by the cauliflower. Crumble a few tortillas over the top before sprinkling over feta, jalapeños and coriander, before drizzling with a healthy dash of sriracha.